Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hello from Hanoi!

Buying Coffee

Yum!
Working to feed baby
Our Hotel in HCMC
We made it to Hanoi last night at about 8:00. It feels great to be closer to the boys. Seeing the 2 cribs set up in our bedroom was a real shot of reality. We visited a huge market in Ho Chi Minh city yesterday before we left there. It was amazing as you can see by the pictures. The plane ride from there to Hanoi was interesting. Vietnam Air doesn't play any games. Now I know why the pilots in the US descend very slowly from high altitude. We dropped from 30,000+ feet to landing within about 15 minutes! It was almost impossible to release the pressure from our ears - had to swallow constantly. We still plan on going to Lang Son province to get the boys on Wednesday. It will be about a four hour drive north. God bless til' next time.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Glad you made it safely.

Tony said...

As an adopted adult. My best to you and your wife on the adoptions. I hope all goes smoothly.
God bless both of you and your family.
Tony

Karin said...

Wow! Amazing pictures. You're really there!! Can't wait to watch the story unfold... and soon be there too!! ;)

Camille said...

We are on pins and needles waiting to see the first pictures of you with the boys. Is Caitlin losing weight? I am curious about what she is choosing to eat...Be adventurous Cailin!

Unknown said...

Great news that you are there, and thanks for the pictures--interesting cultural tidbits! We are thinking of you and praying for you, and are SO EXCITED with you. Can't wait to meet the boys.

Unknown said...

This blog is a wonderful means of vicarious travel for your friends on your miraculous trip to pick up your children. I am so glad Caitlin got to come, and I can only imagine the joy you have in being with your baby boys. The food pictures evidence some of the adventurous Murray spirit that your boys will benefit from. What a touching picture of the woman working for her child. She looks delighted however to see the light of Christ in the Murrays. Thanks for sharing that light back in the U.S. through this blog too.

Phyllis said...

So glad we were able to Skype yesterday! What fun! I had a picture of the intestines in my mind after you talked about them, but I think they're more disgusting in real life. :) And I forgot to say that your hair looked great, Caitlin! I know you've been trying to figure out what to do with it, and it seems like you've found it! Or is it like Selina who said that Northern California was so much better for her hair than Kentucky? Oh, nevermind. We can talk about these random things when you get home. In any case, you guys all looked great and like you're having a blast.

We get to hang out with the rest of the family tomorrow, and we're excited!

Catch you later!

Sommer family said...

Like the Pohlman's, I love Vietnamese food, but after seeing the pig's feet and intestines I may have changed my mind.

Regardless, I am so excited for you. I can't wait to check this blog each day. Thanks for taking us on your 'journey of love' through this blog.

David Sommer